Monday, January 16, 2006

The Man Eating Snake

Fund-raising, Educational Programming, Installation Service of Officers, Expansion of School Library no nothing can rouse the PTA executive committee from boredom. I stare at their faces- a cup of apathy with a dash of disdain- any questions any comments? Do You Speak English? OVEN O-V-E-N. Nothing. I say my bit. A moment of silence and then SLAM!!!! Two fists on the desk. "I have something very important to discuss!- Shut up! Listen. There is a snake in this area and I can't leave home after 5pm."

Yes, there is a snake as big as a bus pole in the neighbourhood. Chickens, lambs, whole cows even have gone missing. It has an insatiable appetite and craves human flesh. The lives of our children are in danger. The PTA awakens- NOW we have something worth discussing. 45 minutes pass. I interrupt.

"So what about that meeting with our parliamentary representative?"

"Is it after 5pm? Sorry can't go."

2 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger LQ said...

is the man eating snake related to big foot and the loch ness monster?

all you have to scream is O-V-E-N and I spit out my perogies laughing so hard

thanks for the bday message yesterday!! it's been 20odd years of us singing bday together, I love every one.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Hope you had a really good one and and even better year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home