Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Chop Off Their Heads and Squeeze Out Their Juice and Throw Their Tails Away

This morning I ran a car off the road by my dazzling good looks. The driver, a clean-cut, good looking young thing, was driving a bit fast round a bend coming down as I was going up. We made eye contact briefly, I noted the car (which I never do) I rounded the corner and heard screeeeaaach....smash!
So I reverse, return to find said driver out of car, a love scratch on his arm, hiding his shame in a cell phone.
"You took that corner too fast" says I.
"Ain't got much brakes-"says he.
After determining everything was okay except his ego- I continued up the hill.

Men shouldn't oggle and drive.

I was told that kissing me would be like opening a can of worms. It sits on the temples these worms and I wonder who they belong to- me? he? the circumstances of the universe?
If I wasn't on such an 'I' high lately I might have been offended by the imagery. Wormy lips.
These days I don't take too much criticism to heart. I'm basking in the joy of how wonderfully wonderful I am- worm lips and all. I think I have spent too long being my own worst critic. I'm not smart enough, not pretty enough, not fun enough...

always super cool though...

I mean enough is enough. I feel like I am now at the starting line of a mission to take over the universe. I am the Brain. I also feel like I should have a line up of men running from Bathsheba to Bridgetown for the opportunity to gaze in my eyes. I am the Madonna. Screw this be humble, be submissive, be self-critical, be self-conscious bullshit. When do we get the chance to be glorious.

I'm glorious damn it!

and if the line up don't like it...they can take all the cans of worms on this God given earth and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home