Monday, September 04, 2006

Who Does Know 'Bout Teeology Anyways?

September.
Back to School.
I had an information meeting with the graduate students (whose numbers are increasing) and the prin. Nobody knows how many credits I have, am supposed to have and still need. Even a trip to the University office of graduate studies left me waiting in the dark. Dem don't know 'bout teeology, see? What I do know is the course work being made available to me should I need one more semester (which I do- and seem to be the only one who knows this) is completely not my speed. I'll either be left failing at everything but boredom in history of the caribbean church and missionary movements or choking back nausea in pastoral counselling. All I want to do is write a dirty piece of scholarship about God being a giant man-eating uterus. Gotta go down with a bang! I'm already something of a living legend 'round seminary. Hot little foreign white girl who doesn't go to church. Years from now-when I'm leaving my mark in some larger space, I want a student to be browsing through the library, pull out my research paper and half bemused- half in awe, say " Now dis one knows 'bout teeology, den."

of course I don't- and there's the rub.

4 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!God being a giant man-eating uterus!!!!Love it............You're creative juices are flowing Nicole!If I was a school teacher I would give you two gold stars and a smiley face sticker.

Signed....

Foxy Cleopatra Princess Bluebell

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Job 38:8: Or [who] shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, [as if] it had issued out of the womb?

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tamworthian
Two positive prospect,
tranquillity in the Univers
and finally a necessary hysterectomy

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Vasectomy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home