Friday, July 14, 2006

Crazy

Everytime I hear the Crazy song on the radio, I feel gay!

(in the tadtional sense of the word, geez)

I'm particularly enthused by the bit that goes "Common now, who do you- who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha bless your soul. You really think you're in control? I think you're crazy, just like me."

My father read my blog and said "well honey, don't take this the wrong way but I think you're crazy." The 'just like me' I took to be implied.

And this view that I've got a few screws loose was shared by others (yes you!). Some with some serious issues, I dare say. A bit ironic but nevertheless...

The fact is, I must be crazy because I think I'm sane and the world around me is crazy. This is the tell tale sign of madness, I've heard.

But in my defence, I guess why I like the lyrics of Crazy is because the song writer equates thinking one is in control, with madness. It's a question with loads of hidden depth.

You really think you're in control?
I think you're crazy.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Just to clarify, my father did not intend to include himself with the patients. he calls me and says "I'm not crazy and I am certainly in control, I still know where the off button is on the remote." Give thanks and praise for the off button.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home