Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Real. Really? Fuh Real.

What is Real?

In part the question is prompted by a blog I was reading about being "Real" on the first date. (http://memoirsofadater.blogspot.com/)

In part it goes back to Friday night, when having escaped the clutches of my bodyguard, I went out alone and was told I was 90% fake.

In part it goes back to a conversation I had with a recently turned warm and fuzzy friend about love and emotions being real because I take the time to convince myself of it.

In part it goes back to a theory I shared with my boss:
"People are only "real" in so far as they're real for you. As soon as they leave your mind, they disappear until you bring them back to recall. When I leave work and you forget about me, I'll cease to exist."
(Dear heart says, "I don't forget about you- You're too important to me!!!" kuhdear, who wouldn't want a boss like that?)


For me "Real" is fluid. It's what's real today- right here, right now. And if tomorrow it changes it doesn't mean yesterday's real was superficial- it just means today's real is new and exciting.
For me "Real" is the coincidences (if they can be called that). The common theme that runs through the period- like the theme of real is for me at this time. It's the words between the lines of the writing on the wall. So hard to see because they are so so obvious.
For me "Real" is whatever I want it to be. Not the I of the ego but the I of the superego (God, I hate these psycho terms). Put it differently. As long as your God- the God that is your reality, is comfortable with your perspective of "Real", it is as much.

I refuse to subscribe to the idea that "Real" is only the most common, most comfortable or most accepted us. No- I'll keep my "Real" real and manipulate it however I please.
And if my "Real" is for you, "Fake" then forget about me and I'll cease to exist. And if the "Real" you is not fabulous enough just shake it up and watch the snow fall.

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Archer said...

90% fake! That's 10% more real than most people.

But what is fake / real anyway.. is it useful to measure people like that, right now I think of people as interesting/ uninteresting and trustworthy / untrustworthy. Maybe genuine/fake get incorporated into my trustworthy /untrustworthy evaluation.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Yes. 90% fake AND "not worth the sperm in my daddy's sack". I should have loved to have my daddy there 'cause he would have bupped him in the nose. The greatest part was he still managed to end the night with cheap sexual advances. I tell ya- if I don't take it light, I don't know who does.

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my dear hustler, heres my post and hows the world treating you? i guess reality is perception, didnt Michalangelo say something about that, anyway you should really try and keep it real, how are you 90% fake? aren`t we 90% water? not worth the sperm in your daddys sack? how much is that worth? i wonder, theres a fertility clinic across the st. from my office, and i sometimes think i should make the world a more beautiful place :) hey did someone really say that to you? Are they the type that had like, been waiting they`re whole life to say that someone?
i`m at work and tired.people exist even if you dont think about them (i`m sure you dont think of me and i still exist i think) and they still affect your life in ways you can`t imagine. "there are more things in heaven and earth horatio than are dreamt of in your philosophy" sorry didnt email you back and sorry if this post makes no sense, i`ll try and get better at it in time. it`s all new to me and hey you always had `sex hot bitch` look!
enjoy the day, have a glass of orange juice or something, look around & take care beautiful
David O

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger BIM said...

DGO -I love that you are posting! I don't forget about you and I think if I ever change my mind about marriage I'll come and find you. Oh to have a man quote me Shakespeare in the same paragraph as a quip about sperm donation. I swear we're meant to be together.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home