Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Sky is Falling

I woke up to Halloween with Michelle's prophesy of doom.

'The Sky is Falling - The Sky is Falling'

The electricity is off, the radios don't work, there's no signal on the cell phone...

Creepy.

Our dog is missing and I get blamed because I suggested she get a chance to run 'bout after being chained for so long.

I drive the kids to school, go to work and still the electricity is off - In Town!?!

It's an island wide black out and shut down. Stores, Banks, Parliment- everything closed!

When the current does go back on, I get a call from IZ's school to come back for the kids because the school meals truck is not delivering and there's nothing to feed the swallows.

I leave work and the electric gates at the only port of entry/exit have seized and will not open by force. The override key was dropped in the mail slot of the lady who protects it when the current went back on. Now she's gone out and there's no way to open it. I sit in a line of cars which includes some Welch dudes trying to catch their flight but who are now forced to wait in self-imprisonment (such as the gated community and jobs on army bases are)until the manager lady drives half cross town to come with spare.

I am freed, pick up the kids, mom's yoga class is cancelled "everything is crazy today!" her student bemoans. (It's not just me...)

I start to cook, when Michelle calls-

She's slid down Horse Hill, hit a truck and busted her front bumper and light. She's fine.

Dinner on hold, I drive up Horse Hill to check on her, get more of an earfull about dog and blow all fuses. If wrath could be personified it was I.

But what, pray, could possibly have caused the island to whack out???

A monkey.

Yes, the evening news reports that a monkey was seen jumping on the box prior to it being blown, in the Whitehall area. But here's the thing, one million billion volts went through that monkey "who's had the shock of his life" (you're so funny, news people) and no monkey corpse can be found. Want to know my theory?

It was Koko.

Halloween brought his little spirit back to life so he could set about f-ing up the place for awhile.

(incidentally, lost dog will join Koko in next year's bruggadung. She was found this morning in the flowers.)

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger LQ said...

I have no doubt that it was that Funky.
well told, BIM.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger BIM said...

I loved that little guy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home