Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cookie Cutter Chaos

Town Hall Meetings in Third World Countries-

After attending my first official I made the six o clock evening news and the front page newspaper and since then have been cowering from the prescribed three day fame. Moms, who went with me, has coined the term "cookie cutter kiosks" as in (and remember to use the slovak accent) "I've been here eleven years and I still do not understand your Barbadian fascination with these cookie cutter kiosks, perhaps I will need to stay eleven more so that I do." Cookie Cutter kiosks was quoted in both of our national black, white and read all overs.

The intention of government and several private sector initials is to dig up lots of trees, lay down even more concrete and ugly-up the hill overlooking Bathsheba as best as they can. Local opposition, consisting of a room full of educated and for the most part, displaced souls eventually walked out on our Honourable Attourney General et al. after the architect forgot that his map contained a legend and confessed that he just did not know how many square feet he had drawn for the hundredth time.

For those who've never been to my little Bathsheba I dare say you have 5 months to do so before rural meets "intervention" and charm gets burried in the ashphalt.

On a positive? note- you can mark Friday May 19th down in your callenders as the first time mom and Dennis played for the same team in almost a decade. Now that was a scoup for the press.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home