Thursday, March 16, 2006

There's Nothing Like A Protest In BIM

So I'm on my way to work, in a bit of traffic, passing Bussa on my way to the Pine. It would seem that it's the Pine Hill Dairy Workers turn to be on strike today. I was a bit baffled at first because the Dairy is next to the CBC Broadcast Station and my first insinct was that I was missing another CBC car park party. There it was a big group of guys drinking Heineken at 9:30am next to a open backed parked car playing loud music. The placards gave it away but they took a minute to notice because they had been threaded into the barbed wire fence in a long row so that the guys wouldn't have to hold 'em up. I mean common how dey goin t' hold de beer? The mystery of frequent striking in BIM has been solved. Constitutionally approved liming. Can't beat it.

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger LQ said...

I'm ready to lime today myself, st patricks day style!

I think I'll have some striking storeis myself when I move to France. Right now the children of the french revolution are protesting that their bosses can fire them after working for 2 years

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Make sure you leave that hijab at home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home