Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It's a boy!

Michelle had a boy on Sunday 3am 8lb no stiches on all fours in a pool of water. Photos will soon be circulating. Not of Michelle on all fours you perverts.

I read my paper on Thursday to an audience of women and got mixed reviews but general congratulations. My paper was termed "Provocative." The lay people were particularly excited as "we does never hear dem tings in church ya know, as I get home I goin read muh Luke." The theologians in the crowd did not share my analysis but were very positive about the work I was doing ie)heurmenetics of suspicion. The boys who were not there by choice but because they study at the school were more interested in sex than feminism so they got a thrill out of my use of the word hymen and my ex-principal accused me of eisegesis (as opposed to exegesis) suggesting that I read my own interpretation into the text and twisted the text to back up my position. I think he has me confused with someone who actually cares about what is in the text and I think it is very hard for Christians to believe that people could really be that apathetic espeacially when they opt to study theology.
Anyway, I started some real fire in that room which was all they really wanted from me anyhow and I'm going to be published by the Women's Development Unit so any of you who want to read my exe-eisegesis on Women and Sexuality in the Gospel of Luke will have a chance.

The experience was really great and has given me some sense of direction in terms of my scholarship.

4 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, Blogger Know Me said...

Give my best to new Momma. When will 8 lbs. no stitches have a name or is that going to be his name?

Congrats on your paper! I'm sure that someday we'll see you on Oprah discussing your latest novel. Or then again, maybe we'll see you on Jerry Springer being discussed.....?

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Will tell Michelle and suggest the name.

Thanks. Don't think Oprah or Jerry would dig it though. Maybe Jimmy Swaggart. Is he still around?

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Know Me said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Know Me said...

You bet he’s still around. I notice that JSM (http://www.jsm.org/) hasn’t established an office on your rock yet. Maybe you could volunteer to set one up. Of course you’d have to have been involved in a sex scandal (http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/february/21/newsid_2565000/2565197.stm) to really walk a mile in his shoes.

Here’s some trivia for you….. Swaggart is the cousin of rock legend Jerry Lee Lewis and country musician Mickey Gilley. All three of them played the piano.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home