Thursday, November 23, 2006

Bearing Bullshit

My mole has had the tank relocated to the school joining the road works crew who'd been moved some time earlier. Now they huddle together in the corner watching the clouds and smelling each other's farts. The road has been left a complete diaster and apart from the debushing nothing has been done about the burst main but oh! what a show. The Pomp. The Circumstance.

Our government is on a new kick- some pseudo-born again, return to old time values-family first agenda. The Moral Road is being rammed down our throats with the usual Jesus references being thrown in for flavour. The problem is this island is just too small to hide how this new found morality is being applied to our leaders' personal lives. I'm privy to enough of our government's private affairs to give me a feeling oddly similar to when you eat too much popcorn, candy and soft drink while sitting through a lousy double feature in an uncomfortable chair.

And the apathy of this country has infected me. I make my little jokes but they end with a don't-carish shug of the shoulders that says "what can I do about it?". I'm returned to grade 10 math class where we were determined to stage a much needed walk-out on Mr. McCarrell yet remained firmly seated to our chairs. All I could do was leave a dirty piece of anonymous poetry at the bell.
Solve for Y, Solve for X, I look at you and think of sex.
Sex was of course the last thing anyone would think of when it came to Mr. MC.

But I digress,

I mentioned that this place is a Circle Game. Of late these circles are getting smaller, so faster, and I'm getting dizzy. I've always had problems with motion sickness but now this queazy feeling that I'm going to hurl won't go away. And no. I'm not pregnant with child but yes I'm pregnant with bullshit and since it's the only meal around here there appears to be no hope of bearing anything but that.

10 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger Archer said...

Yeah... I get that feeling when a I read the BFP these days... like there is no hope for change and progress in Bim. Now the BLP appear to be taking a leaf out of George W. Bushes campaign strategy and trying to take a moral high ground. I don't know if that can work, politrickian and morality are not even remotely acquainted.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger LQ said...

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA
solve for y....

didn't we use the computer graphing lesson of that class to graph a penis?

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LOL...I guess now your poetry is no longer anonymous. :)

Ahh, the good ol Moral Dilemma...I remember playing mas one Cropover and we were in front of a church band whose leader was instructing the members that there should be "no wining or wukkin up, just clapping and singing for God". I thought it was pretty funny, considering the forum.

Morality is like the crockery we keep in the good china cabinet. No one ever uses, save on very special occasions. Most of the time, it's just there for show.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Yes, LQ, I definetly recall working on a graph penis whilst using the library computer. It didn't quite look the part what with the triangularish tip.

enigma, it was never really anonymous. I had quite the reputation for writing dirty lyrics for circulation.

I guess the issue for me when it comes to morality and our politicians is not that they're no better than the average Joe it's that they are so so much worse and yet they sit their in judgment of our nation and use this false righteousness to gain votes. It's scumy. And I know that politicians everywhere do the same but shit I don't know their parents or kids or wives. In the big countries you have to read about their "alleged" scumyness in the paper. Here you get to be part of the experience.

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lust at Sea and Back Side Story were classy lyrics... Hardly dirty.. (god you have a really good memory... mine is a little shot)

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Yeh..."I want to get you in my vagina" to the tune of Slow Boat to China. Very classy indeed.

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"they huddle together in the corner watching the clouds and smelling each other's farts." HAHAAAAHAA oh ok ok let me catch my breath, nicole that`s the funniest thing i`ve read all day, all week, all year! you dont even want to know what i pictured, (well actually i just pictured these workers standing around smelling each others farts and scoring them out of 10!) heahaaeea everytime i read it i fall out of my chair :)
well dont get motion sickness, jump on the carousel with both feet and take the ride or become the carousel conductor, do they have carousel conductors? you know what i mean. well guess theres bullshit everywhere, the Moral Road is usually paved with it and you made a computer graph of a penis in math class? What an age we live in!

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gardiner?
generic hydrocodone

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have very much helped me with a source of the information.
- arockinbim.blogspot.com 4
spaghetti alla carbonara

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
Frank

 

Post a Comment

<< Home