Monday, May 21, 2007

Embarkation

I suppose I've got to start this Quest alone, as the search for someone with whom to embark upon it, has proven to be something of a quest of its own.

I suppose I have to trust that as I make my way through forbidden forests and demonic deserts the right people will come at the right time.

It’s not a faith I find difficult to muster as it is the very nature of God to make it so. But I set out with a heavy heart nevertheless, forlorn for the lack of company.

My kind of adventure is not for the faint of heart nor the ones contented with artificial peace.

My type of journey is not for the sticky footed nor the ones bogged down by superficial desires.

There are no well wishers who understand the mission, to give charms and amulets for protection. Not a prayer is spoken here.

There are no brave souls to shout “I will fight by your side to the death!” Everyone is asleep.

Nothing left to do now but pack my sack, put on the armor and set out into the sunset alone.

Fair thee well. Fair thee well. May our paths cross again some day.

7 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Blogger marabunta said...

I am here...don't go

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger BIM said...

LQ- Funny because the image of us walking pennyless from one end of Etobicokey to the other did come to mind...
Andrew- Here where? And why 'don't go'? You're welcome to come along...

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Huddle said...

where are you going? are you making your presence known in t.o.?

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger BIM said...

That which we seek is found not in the destination but in the journey itself.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Huddle said...

where are you not going.

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bim i think you should walk the earth helping people solving problems their problems healing the worlds ills posting blogs. how cool woulld that be. and how cool would it be to walk round the etobes? hmmmm

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home