Saturday, April 07, 2007

The Honeymoon is Over

My cousin left yesterday after a long delay at the airport during which we made wishes tossing coins in the fountain, watched Abba and Queen videos as IZ ate chip crumbs off the bar and drank coffee with Florida sugar.
I said to the man behind me "Didn't Owen say we'd always have Bajan sugar?"
To which he replied "Didn't Owen say we'd be fully booked?"
- funny guy.
I went to the VD machine to pay for my parking and it froze with my card inside. I had to wait for the human being to open it up and let me out of parking prison...again...
Couldn't come home to watch t.v. cause my cable went off conveniently Thursday at 2:30pm. I was told by the voice that if I wanted it fixed before the long weekend I had permission to bring it in to Roebuck Street before 4. I was in Bay street at the time. The box was in Bathsheba. My telekinesis is a little rusty.
So Friday after the send off I got spruced up, turned around and took the long drive back to the bar hitting some sizable crators in the Belle along the way. I opted for red wine over G&T it being Good Friday and all. Then using my transmutating skills (which are not that rusty), I drank my easter sacrament to my honoured and intimate request for something melancholy and tragic.

The honeymoon is over.

3 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honeymoon ?Were you ever on a honeymoon?!!!!


Foxy cleo

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LMAO @ telekinesis is a little rusty.

Classic! I love it.

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home