Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Santa Sabotage

IZzy told me "mum, you is a liar!"
IZ don't call me that and what are you talking about?
Santa ain' real! You does wrap de presents when I sleeping and you does put dem unda de tree. And reindeers don' fly neida!
Who told you that??!!!!
My teacha! She tell we 'dat we parents is who's Santa and wunna buy de presents and hide dem and den you does take dem out at night.

I had to do some serious back backing to make the boy believe in Santa again with a speech that went something like,

Reality is relative. Do you want to live in a world with fairies and giants and dragons and trolls and Santa and the Easter Bunny or do you want to live in a world with none of them? IZ says he wants to live in a world with Santa. So believe in Santa then. Your teacher wants to live in a boring world with boring things and that's why Santa doesn't bring her any presents.

Miss Kill-Joy Lovell's poison bomb was defused.

6 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting blog. You made me smile a lot. Good to know there are others out there.
Sorry about your dog- the buggur should be sued or something not very neighbourly.
Good info about teachers or other kill joys. But I agree if you don't beleive in Santa and the gang, no presents, no chocolate eggs...... I beleive

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger BIM said...

Yes mo2 I believe aswell and I keep thinking one day I'll fall through a hole in the closet and land in a world of dreams.
As for the dog (or rather dogssssss), their loss was replaced yesterday by a ewe and two, day old kids. Very Christmassy indeed as I reassume the role of shepherd.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey beautiful, of course there`s a santa clause. the fact that we`re talking about him, have the image of him, see him and all recognize him, know his message, means he exists in some way shape or form even if he never did in human form...just like jesus ;)
(Why would the teacher tell them that anyway, did she beat em after or something also? tell em they`re all gona grow old and die alone miserable of boredom, like her)

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger BIM said...

ha ha ha ha Dave, I'm picturing it.
"well children, it's Christmas and high time you found out that Santa is not real, reindeers don't fly rather, they carry lime disease and chances are you're gonna get rheumatoid arthritis, cancer or diabetes, file for divorce and bankruptcy, get sexually asaulted, robbed or beaten and die cold and alone, forgotten. Jesus loves the little children of the world, Jesus loves the little children of the world. Black or yellow, red or white, they are precious in his sight, Jesus loves the little children of the world. Class dismissed."

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger SimplEnigma said...

LOL...Back when I was young, they used to have this song called "Santa Itch Up Inna Mango Tree"...if it wasn't for that, I woulda never believed in Santa Claus, because that whole snow and reindeer thing was just a bit much for me. Santa in a mango tree? Now that's something I can relate to.

Miss Killjoy deserve a good rap pon di knuckles wid a ruler. How she take it upon herself to relay this information is beyond me. *sigh*

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger BIM said...

ah teachers, what can you do? This is the same one who told the children they can't sharpen their pencils at school and if they don't bring a fruit on Wednesday they'll get beat....sigh again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home